Monday, September 1, 2008

Yep, I'm voting for Obama

This weekend was a good one. It began with watching Obama's speech from last Thursday night at the Democratic National Convention. I must say, it was a moving and inspiring speech; if you haven't yet watched it, stop reading this and go watch it. Trust me, you won't hate me for it.

I don't have much to say but this: Barack Obama has my vote.

In an effort to keep things brief and not get too political here, I just want to say that the only reason I mention it is because his speech has been on my mind all weekend since I watched it. And it has filled me with hope. It's a hope for America that I must admit I've never felt before.

And it feels good.

I hope America elects Obama by a landslide.... I know I'll be voting.

Now, if only Bush could manage to not piss off the Russians too badly during his last months in office... we don't need another war on our hands. Everyone, get ready to celebrate his last day in office... and the hopeful inauguartion of a much better man for the job.

And oh yeah, happy first day of September. ;)

No comments: