Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Human Condition - Chapter 9

What is this world?

How has it come to be that women and men are still blind to each other's desires? Do we not all want the same things in life? Are we not all human?

And what of these 'social norms'?

How can a man's love at first sight be romantic when a woman's is simply labeled loneliness? How can a man's pursuit of her be admirable while a woman's would be seen as desperation? Why is a man allowed to get away with doing things that a woman would be scorned for?

What is this world?

Why can't the emotional creatures in it be emotional? Why can't we ever let nature take its course?

How have we become so convoluted in our efforts?

What happened to life's simplicity? Where have the simple exchanges of a glance gone? Where has the excitement of discovery and risk gone? Why must people always try to know, instead of just trust?

Where is the "It was nice to meet you, let's elope..."?

Where is la folie?

It's official, I'm putting myself on the table; I want the craziness of life and I want the world to know. I'm not afraid of first encounters, and I'm not afraid to reach out for what I want. I'm not worried about how people shall view me, because I'm worried about who I might not be if I cared. I'm not scared to share my feelings, and I'm not concerned about scaring someone away. I just have to make sure that my inside matches my outside; so long as I can trust in me to do that, then I know I'm in good hands.

Welcome to my world.
Hope you stay for a while....

No comments: