Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gone are the days

Gone are lazy Sundays and midweek hump days.
Gone is early to bed early to rise.
Gone are Monday mornings.
This is the life of the job hunt, and everyday is like the previous one: jobless.

There aren't enough hours in the day, days in the week, weeks in the month anymore.
Days run into each other. Nights keep ending too soon.
Fingers perpetually crossed.
Hoping someone will like me, based on a single sheet of paper.

My palm reads that there are two roads in my life.
They branch apart between my pinky and my thumb.
Could this be that crossroad?
Am I supposed to take a different road?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
Maybe I'm turning to the wrong sources.
Maybe I shouldn't be searching outwards;
Maybe I should be looking in.

I am an artist with skills I was born with.
I have a personality that works across borders.
I travel like it's going out of fashion.
I think maybe it's time to work for me.

So out I will let me wander.
I will walk the walk of photographer, graphic designer, writer, and teacher.
For fun I shall make coffee and posters.
In the evenings I shall retire to my crossword puzzles,
and in the mornings ride my bicycle.

Balance is what I seek.

There is no balance in the job hunt.
Only this stress that keeps me going day by day...
I search for a job, nay.
I search for release.

No comments: