Thursday, August 28, 2008

Waiting for Godot

Dear Destiny,

I just wanted to drop you a note, to let you to know that I'm not turning my back on you, but the time has come for me to take matters in my life into my own hands. I do not care to wait and see what you have next in store for me; I'd like to be a bit more in control than that.

Besides, I don't even know if you're real. You're kinda like God; all powerful with absolutely no proof of existence. I can't have such a thing influence my decisions so.

I think the idea of you is wonderful, and it's helped me through much in the past, but today is about the future, and that future is important to me.

So feel free to make your presence felt whenever you have a spare moment, and in the meantime, I'll be doing my thing.

I wish you well, and perhaps our paths will cross again someday. Until then, you take good care.

All my best.

Kindest regards,
The Lover

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You doing your thing
is precisely
you fulfilling your destiny.

The moment you take a break and
let destiny take over
tends to be the same moment you question the existence of destiny, no?

Fuck destiny. Go YOU.

love,
elise