Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An Unidentifiable Shadow

I'm out on the porch again, and a strange shadow caught my eye.

It was round, and floated side to side; it was no bird or bee.

I looked up, and lo and behold, it was the beautiful white Forrest Gump feather floating down to me from above.

It danced around in the breeze, seemingly headed straight for me, and just when it was within arm's reach, a gust lifted it back up and off, and into the woods.

So, what, should I be thinking that life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get?

Yeah, I can groove with that. Because it's true. Just because Forrest Gump said it, that doesn't mean that I can't agree.

And on that note, I leave you with another memorable quote:

Jenny Curran: Do you ever dream, Forrest, about who you're gonna be?
Forrest Gump: Who I'm gonna be?
Jenny Curran: Yeah.
Forrest Gump: Aren't-aren't I going to be me?

No comments: