Thursday, August 21, 2008

This is a shout out

to you who climbs mountains,
and to you who swims the deep blue sea;
to you who has a child, and to you who stands alone;
to you who works hard, and to you who relaxes restfully.

to you who sings with your beautiful voice,
and to you who dances on feet that float;
to you who has struggled, and to you who has succeeded;
to you who writes, to you who paints,
and to you who films the world around you.

to you who smiles, to you who cries, and to you who forever dreams;
to you who speaks many languages,
and to you who speaks to the deaf;
to you who serves the best coffee, to you who pours the best beer,
and to you who created the serbian iced tea.

to you who designs the most beautiful of dresses,
and to you who wears clothes so well;
to you who jumps from planes,
and to you whose feet have never left the ground;
to you who helps to educate the children in this world,
and to you who entertains them.

to you who has married, to you who is soon to be,
and to you who left him at the altar;
to you rides bikes, to you who rides waves,
and to you who sits in your jacuzzi;
to you who stands up for others,
and to you who has had others stand up for you.

to you who strums your guitar, to you who bangs on your drums,
and to you who plays the sax;
to you who plants gardens, and to you who makes me laugh;
to you who helps friends, and to you who will always be honest,
no matter how much it hurts.

to all of you who inspire me so.
you have touched my heart and influenced my ways.
i thank you all for being who you are.

this is a shout out to my friends.

1 comment:

Sandra Nuñez-Portocarrero. said...

Andreita,

So hard to find people full of love and passion on this earth. So find to even find one's self. So hard to find freedom, moments that make you want to scream, an everlasting orgasm, a soft kiss. The small things, the things I want the most are so hard to find. So hard to find a good friend, someone to hold hands with, to stare at the universe and wonder nothing. To drink and be merry and forget about systems and shit, and to just continue screaming until your heart stops and die in peace, die happy.
You have touched me, you may think I am a social butterfly as many think, that I have been around teh world and met so many people, but it's only the people I think of when alone that have truly touched me. From the moment we shared a talk in Esperpento, got drunk on sangria, when i got your texts while you were in Paris, you have made me fall in love with you. I know that you know what I mean by that. I love to read you , to hear from you, even if I don't reply be sure I love every single of your words. Keep on documenting your life but please, for the love of God, keep on sharing.
I thank you for all the advice, never think you made me feel bad, I love honest people like you, I am one of your kind.
Think of me in New York, when you lit a cigarette or drink a class of sangria, or a cabernet, when you jump on your next airplane, or when you are simply staring at the stars sitting in the porch.
I think of you.
Besos