Monday, November 24, 2008

The Human Condition - Chapter 12

The human condition. What is it?

It is what makes us smile, and makes us cry. It is what brings laughter to our faces and pain to our hearts. It is the conflict and harmony of sun, the moon and the stars in our celestial body, and it is a black hole too. It is everything we understand, and everything we don't.

I write about it because we're all the same; we're all seeking some salvation, validation, justification, for why we do the things we do, and why people do what they do too. To help make sense of this puzzle.

Sometimes when I write, things become clearer to me. Sometimes they don't. But writing has become the only way I know how to be honest with myself sometimes, especially when the truth hurts and the words -for fear of compounding the pain- cannot escape my mouth.

My words, they creep silently through my thoughts, down my pen, down my fingers, onto a paper or keyboard, whichever is at hand.

One day my written words will find my voice, and the two will fall in step. That is a day I dream about.

That day is not today tho.

And how I wish it was.

1 comment:

Sandra Nuñez-Portocarrero. said...

I want you to kep living your life the way you do and to think of others a bit more than your ownself and to use your skills to make this world a better place and to never fall in despair for hope is the answer to this mistery.