Friday, November 14, 2008

These times are strange

The headlines read one thing, the streets say something else. Most of life is happening behind closed doors these days, as bank accounts fold over themselves like the waves of the sea in the middle of a tempete.

In the middle of it all, America elected Barack Obama. I was on the streets on New York City the following morning, and the spirit in the faces of every person I passed was practically tangible.

I have since left and will be watching America's progress from the other side of this here pond. I know I'll be back, because I want to take part in the great things that are to come, but I'm also feeling fortunate to be overseas, to witness how America's economic downfall truly effects the entire world. I feel that from abroad I have better access to international news, and with that it helps me better understand my place in this world, and how I can help.

I think hope is important these days. I think strength, courage, and wisdom can't hurt either. I hope we all live through these times and look back knowing that we did our best.

No comments: