Friday, November 7, 2008

Quitter

Yes, I'm a quitter. I quit things when they're too hard, too easy, and smokable.

It's been almost two weeks now that I'm smoke-free. It's been rather difficult, and there have been times where every inch of my body screamed for just one drag, but I have resisted. I realize that it's just about getting past the moment. Those cravings come in waves and if I can just ride them out, then eventually I'm back to my serene voyage.

I did smoke on Halloween though. I stole drags from cigarettes being smoke around me by friends. But I don't let this get me down. I look at those moments as wind in my sails, allowing me to step further into my non-smoking obscurity. A few drags here, a few drags there, and some alcohol in between, due to that one night this week has been much easier for me than the one before.

So for those of you out there who hope to do what I'm doing, just know that it's all about day by day. If you slip up one day, it's okay. There's always tomorrow to make good on your promise to yourself; just don't forget that you did in fact make a promise to yourself, so don't let those slipups happen too often. ;)

No comments: