Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sex: Part II

I had envisioned doing a whole week-long series on this topic, but the week is nearly over now, and I'm only on the second posting. Go me.

So, yeah, sex. Why had I felt the impulse to dedicate a week to it?

Probably because I think it's a lot more complicated of a topic than it seems. I mean, sex, we all know it, we've all had it, what is there really to say?

I suppose that it means something to me to write about it here because sex is a part of my life, alongside all of the other experiences I've had in life, and sex always qualifies as an experience!

Sometimes the experience is good, and it leaves one wanting more. Sometimes it's not, and so you move on. (Yes, it is very easy to move on from said situation.. hahaha...) Fundamentally, sex isn't ever really the issue though; it's usually the emotions that get tied in that complicate and get the better of people.

I'm not an advocate for emotionless sex though; that's absolutely no fun. By all means, bring on the roller-coaster ride of life and throw some sex and feelings into the mix. That's what makes a person come alive!

But if the emotions become possessive, untrusting, or aren't mutual, the physical relationship takes the toll. When it comes to success in relationships, the delicate balance of openness in communication and openness in bed is one that needs to be maintained.

Being with someone with whom you share a mutual trust and admiration, being touched by someone who cares for you and that you care for in return, being kissed by someone who enjoys kissing you and whom you happily kiss back, and having sex with someone and not ever wanting it to end, that's what good sex is all about, and perhaps the key to a healthy sexual relationship.

I wonder what I'll come up with next...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to read something simple and beautiful at the same time in a society where medium are too oftenly showing the sordid side of sex and love in order to retain their audience.
Is you next topic going to be: What are we talking about when we talk about love? That's a sweet transition isn't it?

The Lover said...

Forgive the delay, but yes, that would be a nice transition, and I'd like to post my opinion on this question... however, when you say love, do you mean physical love (sex) or emotional love, as in the feeling?