Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grey

For the second time here, I shall be posting someone else's words...

***************************************************************
Grey

the sky is grey, the sand is grey, and the ocean is grey.
i feel right at home in this stunning monochrome,
alone in my way.

i smoke and i drink and every time i blink i have a tiny dream.
but as bad as i am i'm proud of the fact that i'm worse than i seem.

you walk through my walls like a ghost on tv.
you penetrate me,
and my little pink heart is on its little brown raft floating out to sea.

and what can i say but i'm wired this way
and you're wired to me,
and what can i do but wallow in you unintentionally?

regretfully, i guess i've got three simple things to say.
why me? why this now? why this way?
overtone's ringing, undertow's pulling away under a sky that is grey,
on sand that is grey
by an ocean that's grey.

what kind of paradise am i looking for?
i've got everything i want and still i want more.
maybe some tiny shiny key will wash up on the shore.

No comments: