Friday, October 17, 2008

Asleep at the wheel

It's Friday now. Again. It seems that no matter how many there are, it's impossible to tire of them.

I've done a poor job with getting to the computer lately. Rather, a poor job with keeping up with this blog. Life as of late has become almost surreal, and I spend my evenings laying in bed thinking about what I should write, and inevitably forgetting in the morning.

I lay there at night and I think about my day, the people I saw, the conversations I had, the pictures I took. I think about the moments and let them point me in the direction of what I should post about. Everything around me inspires me.

And then I close my eyes. And I fall asleep. And I dream dreams that are soon forgotten.

I trust myself enough to know that there will always be something to write about, always something to express. But how often do forgotten thoughts return?

Some of those late night thoughts have been good ones....

No comments: