Thursday, March 19, 2009

Not for nothing

Weeks go by, with each day passing quicker than the previous one. Is it because the sun is staying up longer, the days are getting warmer, winter's finally ending? Or is it because perhaps the worst of life is finally over?

It feels like time can once again resume its normal pace.

How slow the days can drag on when things are so hard and so sad. How difficult it was to imagine not feeling heavy with those thoughts. How hard it was to smile.

And little by little, and day by day, just as I had hoped, I began to forget. New memories made to push the others away from the spotlight. New friends and new laughs. New days and new nights and so much of the old released.

But not all.

Some has stayed; and it has changed me. Like everything else in life, these experiences have changed the way I look at things, at the world, at people, and at me.

Everything is never for nothing.

Life is a never-ending series of lessons to learn... it's our choice to accept or reject them.

Personally, I'm a fan of acceptance; I like to learn new things every day...

No comments: