Friday, May 4, 2012

the birth of me

my world was familiar.
comfort around every corner.
nothing new.
in fact, shit's gotten boring.
i knew it was time for change
but damn this rut is sticky
and i can't get a grip.

i must find new footholds.
i must make a new path.
nothing will i recognize.
the customary is out the door.

i throw myself into the black.
thrust my ego into an egoless world.
i sanction this forbidden sanctuary
to save what's left of this sanity.

i won't know my name.
i'll lose sight of my face.
i'll be new to myself
and this province of my life
because the mundane has chased me
and thought it had me cornered
but didn't realize i had my hands down
ready to rip the rug from under our feet.

call me crazy for letting me fall.
call me insane for letting everything go.
call me anything you want.
it falls on the shadow of me.
for i am in new shoes now
and i am steps ahead of myself.
i've died
and this is my rebirth.

this is my resolve.
this is my resolution.
this is my revelation.
and this is my solution.

i was i.
i am now me.

hello world.

No comments: