Monday, April 18, 2011

grandpa

dear grandpa

are you with grandma now? is what they say true? are you watching me now from above?

did you know i came to visit you? i promised you that i would. i'm sorry i couldn't come sooner. i'm sorry i couldn't stay by your side longer.

grandpa, i'm sorry i didn't call more often. i thought about you every day. i have many pictures of you that i always keep close. you are so special to me.

i wish we could go back to that autumn day at your apartment. you were so full of energy, so excited to show me your latest pieces of art. we ate cookies and drank coffee. grandpa, on that day, in flesh and blood, you were 95 years young.

grandpa, you are forever in my heart and you will last a lifetime in my memories.

i hope that what they say is true, because that would mean that you're not alone up there. so until next we meet, i'll be thinking of you, and missing you dearly.

grandpa, i love you.

No comments: