Tuesday, December 7, 2010

hunter

this attraction,
i know it's not the smile on your face.
it's nothing more than the thrill of the chase,
and it fools me every time.

i sit here and think i might love you.
and you will creep into my dreams.
and this will last until my heart breaks a little more
or explodes along these freshly sown seams.

someone who learns from mistakes,
my god i must be insane.
because i keep doing things differently
and yet always end up the same.

i can't put my finger on it
i can't see where i go wrong
and everyday i fight this fight
reminding myself all along,
that despite this feeling of desire
and despite these relentless dreams
no matter how much i want to believe,
nothing, nothing is ever what it seems.

it's only the thrill of the chase.
it's only the thrill of the chase.
and i promise you that it has nothing to do
with that smile on your beautiful face.

No comments: